Monday, March 11, 2013

Amethyst and the New Moon

Tonight is the new moon, which is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of spring. I love spring and everything that it stands for. I get most excited for the new moon because I use it to charge my crystals.  The new moon promotes new beginnings, personal growth, and creativity. As an artist I use this positive energy to my advantage.  There are so many different crystals, and ways to activate and charge them, it may seem overwhelming to know which one is right for you. I figured today would be a good day to share how I found the right stone for me and how I maintain my crystals energy. 

I'm not saying these are exact steps on how to find and manage your crystals, but rather suggestions to get you headed in the right direction.  You'll learn after experimenting what works best for you, and these are just things that worked best for me. 
_____________________________________________________________

Choosing the right stone for you:
When I decided to use crystals as a form of healing I had no clue wear to start.  I decided to just type in "Crystal meanings" into google.  This lead me to thousands of different places.  I began reading some of the descriptions of the healing properties of crystals and matching them with some of my own personal symptoms to find one that fit the bill for me.  After several days of research I prescribed myself Amethyst.  

Why does Amethyst work for me? 
Well a few things I've had to deal with my entire life are bi-polar disorder, night terrors, and oral fixation (in recent years, smoking for example).  Amethyst works for me in the way it is a natural sedative.  It can be left under your pillow to help you sleep.  It can also calm your mind and ease you when you become manic.  Lastly it will sway you from addiction.  I've read that one meaning for the word "amethyst" would be "without drunkenness", or "without addiction". Amethyst can also be used around the house to ward off evil, cleanse the property of negative energy, and help your plants grow.

"I can't find the right stone for me.":
If you don't feel comfortable with any thing a stone has to offer, you could start yourself out with clear quarts.  Clear quarts is considered a universal stone.  It is great for programming for many different healing purposes, and promotes a clear mine, and rids your body of negative energy.  

Charging crystals:
I find my crystal most effective if charged by the moon.  You are not supposed to over expose amethyst to sunlight, unlike clear quarts, which I found best to charge with the sun. Research which way it would be best to charge your crystals and what to protect them from.  

"How do you charge your crystal?":
Like I said I prefer to charge my crystal with the moon.  I've always felt a special connection with the night.  I'm very pale and the sun has a vendetta with my skin! I'm also most active at night, so I enjoy having a crystal that reacts very positive to the energies of the darkest hours.  When I feel my mind becoming clouded, and my moods shifting more frequently I like to set my stone on the porch while I sleep, and I retrieve it in the morning. 

It is said that to set your crystal in grass for the night while it charges for best results, this way the crystal becomes grounded once again, and it given the opportunity to regain some of it's natural properties.

Cleansing crystals:
There are so many ways to do this so I'll just share the way that I prefer. I like to clean mine with a very light soap and warm water. After that I place it in bag of sea salt for the night so that it can cleanse itself of the old tainted energies.  I then charge it the next night.  I only charge and clean my crystals once a month. Some crystals need to be charged and cleaned more often then others.

Activating a crystal: 
I activate my crystal by holding it tight in my hands and rolling it between my palms.  I then to myself think about the task I would like to carry out now that my crystal is newly charged (ex. painting, starting a new project, trying a new recipe.)  I do this to let my crystal know my intentions of using it, and that they are positive.
______________________________________________________________

I hope all of this information wasn't too much for you and will help you find your very own crystal!  If you have any questions feel free to ask me in comments and remember this is just some examples of things that worked best for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment